My call... Your call... should be Gods call...

One thing is perfectly clear, I in no way envisioned myself entering the ministry. I did not like the way some of the church people unfairly treated those in ministry. It seemed to me, they were constantly searching for ways to disqualify someone from pursuing the vocation. Often times I have seen ministers lied too and double-crossed so much, they would become paranoid. They would then focus all their effort on fighting some battles that, in reality didn’t exist, although some did exist and were extremely mentally taxing. People trying to keep their focus on God; a business mentality to grow a congregation of volunteers, a defensive front to protect ones reputation and family, is not an easy vocation. In my eyes, individuals choosing to enter into ministry were setting themselves up for constant ridicule, anxiety, and potential failure. Why would anyone choose to enter into pastoral ministry?
One day nearly a decade ago, I consecrated my life fully for God’s use. Shortly after doing this God began to open doors of opportunity. As each door was opening I began to become growingly suspect that they were leading to full time pastoral ministry. I inspected each door carefully and determined it was truly Gods beckoning for me to enter, and if i didn't enter I would be violating my promise to be used by him. Every time I had seemingly finished each temporary call; there was immediately another door God had prepared for me to enter, until I had found myself engrossed in ministerial work. As I analyze the gifts, wisdom, abilities and mind God has granted me it was then obvious I was completely in God’s will by entering into pastoral ministry. To answer the question in the previous paragraph, “Why would anyone choose to enter into pastoral ministry?” I believe the correct answer should be if they are positive God has called them into it, otherwise one is begging for a mess. I believe this could be said for every person within every vocation. To receive God’s blessing should be the endeavor of all human kind. God has a purpose for our life. Our life can be completely fulfilling if it is lived with divine focus. One should ask, “if this where God wants me to be?” Even better yet, “is this when God wants me to be where I am? His calling, his positioning, his timing is critical. (2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall)