Jesus @ the well, Part 2- John 4:27-34
Sustains - Carries – Support – Maintain- Give Life
John 4:34 Jesus said unto them, my meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
Don’t be surprised that Jesus is talking to someone you don’t think he would.
• Other Races
• Other cultures
• People with different Clothes- hair styles
You might find they are more qualified than you! 1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
Don’t be judgmental using your self-righteousness as your standard!
1. God wants us to understand what real life is.
• Eating food sustains physical life- but it does not fulfill true living (Vs 8 disciples went to get food)- this passage is about water and food & how they do not provide the type of life as God wants us to know.
• Woman needed water but she figured out that meeting her physical needs was not the key to living- vs. 28 – she was the example to the disciples and us of what living is. (Obedience to the commission)
• Jesus used their insistence of eating as a teachable moment- (Vs. 8,31)
• Jesus’ focus wasn’t on the physical things. He was focused on sticking with the work God calls us to do. To sustain real living (Vs. 14)
• As Jesus ascended into to heaven his final words were not… “enjoy the fruits of the world and live it up while you can because life is short”- They were, “Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel”
Matt 6:31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God…
I want you to live- I want you to have vs.14.