Bible Study

Just recently I was reading the Gospel of John, chapter 15. This is a passage that is very popular within the christian culture. I have read so many commentaries and have listened to many sermons on the subject of the "Vine and the Branches". Now it seems when i come to this passage, I frequently skim over it because I feel I already know all there is to learn from it. This time I read the passage and learned something that totally surprised me. The passage definitely talks about the importance of producing fruit, but there was something else that jumped out at me! I want everyone to make an effort to "reread the Bible again for the first time". Try to read as if you have no personal bias or dogma. It is amazing what we can learn if we'll allow God to teach us, rather than relying on our previous concepts.