The storms of life
The storms of life effect everyone- We are in this together
• Matt5:45 … for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Reacting to the storms of Life-
1. They just stand still and absorb its wrath
2. They run for cover
3. They fall into depression
4. The church when Satan attacks- many abandon- some make the storm worse
"The longer I love, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes." — Charles R. Swindoll
Who will bail on us when the storms of life come?
• This should be the churches greatest attraction- When friends give up, when enemies attack, when family bails, how does our church behave. (Are you too good for the storm?) Are u a comfort to others going thru a storm?
Whom shall we trust when the storm arrives? -
• Proverbs 18:24 …and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.
• My God is the God of the storm
Matt 8:24-27 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
Posted by Jason Page